Fitness Center Member Services/Receptionist - Part Time Seasonal
General Purpose of the Position:
Ensures that the Fitness Center is an inviting place that is well-stocked, clean, and organized for members’ enjoyment as well as the overall operation of the facility.
Core Competencies and Expectations:
• Able to operate a point-of-sale (POS) system.
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
• Ability to clean and maintain the fitness center to required cleanliness standards.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cleans the fitness center area and wipes down fitness equipment at least once daily or as often as needed.
• Greets users of the fitness center; has them sign in; answers telephones and maintain files of program cards, testing and other information.
• Records member information for seminars and presentations.
• Assists the Healthy Lifestyle Director in initial and continued development of services within the Fitness Department.
• Attends all training sessions and regular staff meetings; researches assigned projects and topics.
• Keeps conditioning room neat and clean.
• Monitors attendance and bills attendees.
• Sets-up and monitors exercise equipment.
• Assists with special events in other club departments when necessary.
• Completes other appropriate assignments made by the Healthy Lifestyle Director.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Must have a pleasant personality and capable of having good communication skills for working directly with members.
• CPR, AED and First Aid certification preferred or will obtain within 90 days of employment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment, which is typical of this position.
• Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
• Frequent repetitive motions
• Continuous standing and walking.
• Able to lift, pull or push 30 pounds.
The starting rate for this position is $12.00 per hour.
The ideal candidate will be able to work the following schedule as of November 1st:
Monday &Wednesday: 3:00 to 8:00 pm
Tuesday & Thursday: 4:00-9:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Previous Country Club Experience a plus!