Dining Room Host/Hostess
General Purpose of the Position:
Receives and seats guests, assists in the supervision of dining room employees, maintains order and cleanliness, addresses complaints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets guests entering dining room and escorts them to table, places menu on table in front of guest.
- Distributes seating in even manner, according to floor plan and station assignments.
- May instruct wait staff and bus person, under the manager's direction.
- May inspect the dining room and direct wait staff or bus persons to change table or to set the table when necessary.
- May take complaints and direct them to Dining/Grille Room Manager.
- Speaks to all departing patrons extending a thank you and concern for their satisfaction with the food and service quality.
- Responsible for daily menus (clean and in order).
- Knowledgeable on all aspects of company food & beverage policy manual.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, members, guests, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, safety rules and guidelines, work procedures, and instructions.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must present a neat appearance and possess a well-modulated speaking voice.
- Tact and good judgment are especially beneficial characteristics.
- Must know the proper method of setting a table for all occasions and seating procedures.
Education and Experience Required:
- Entry-level position.
- Previous Dining Room experience preferred. (Country Club experience a plus!)
- Ability to read, write, and speak English is preferred.