General Purpose of the Position:
Ensures that the broil station and kitchen line operates in an organized, clean, smooth and efficient manner, with a minimum level of noise. Anticipates station overload and takes corrective measures to avoid food and/or service discrepancies. Assists other kitchen line personnel as needed to ensure that all food is prepared and served up to quality and timing standards.
Checks the par and stock levels of all meats, poultry, seafood, condiments, garnishes, equipment, plate ware and small ware to ensure sufficient quantities for the demands of the business.
Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the leadership team.
Must be able to produce high volume grill items to temperature.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
· Take inventory of all items required for station set-up and determine those items that require preparation.
· Prepares items according to standard recipes.
· Coordinates and times orders with other kitchen operations.
· Requisitions items needed to produce menu items.
· Notifies Sous Chef of expected shortages.
· Ensures that assigned work areas and equipment are clean and sanitary.
· Sets-up, maintains and breaks down prep cook station.
. Covers, dates and neatly stores all leftover products that are re-usable.
· Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the line prep area and equipment.
· Closes the kitchen properly using the closing checklist.
· Attends kitchen staff meetings and offers suggestions for improvements.
· Assists with other duties as assigned by Sous Chef.
· Prepares menu items as needed for member or guest service.
· Follows all state and local health and food safety regulations.
· Follows all safety procedures for operating and cleaning machinery.
· Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
· Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend,
stretch and twist or reach.
· Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
· Continuous repetitive motions.
· Work in hot, humid and noisy environment.
Education and/or Experience Required:
· Successful completion of a two-year course at culinary school preferred.
· A minimum of two years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
· Food safety certification.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation in the range of $16.00 to $19.00 /hour based on relevant experience.